Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Good Shoot with a Good Friend...



After the self flagellation of the last post, I took some time to look around, and realize that I'm a pretty lucky MF. Photography is one thing I'm passionate about, and it's my job. To me, that's like getting to play football, and have someone pay you to do so. It's what I did when I worked the jobs I hated, in order to stay sane. So, now I do it to help pay the bills. Not bad. And then there's the beautiful girls I get to work with, from time to time. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon, I gotta say. I recently did a shoot with an old friend of mine, Jamie. We had a lot of fun, caught up on some things, and produced some excellent imagery. I've really gotten into pinup style editing over the last 7 or 8 months. We did a seminar with another photographer named Robert Alvarado, who developed a technique that makes a straightforward photograph look like a pinup from the '30s or '40s. Lotsa fun! So, I did some photos of her that came out like the images above.
Jamie and I have shot a lot over the years, probably nine or ten shoots, all told, starting in 2002. She's fun, adventurous and creative. I really like working with her, she gets it.
Her blog:
Take a look...

2 comments:

  1. thanks for blogging about me skip!!!! BUT....you really should credit your models by creating links to their pages....ie myspace, facebook, or in my case, my BLOG....which reminds me, i need to do the same..*wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) Funniest thing, I was thinking this very thing on my way back from Temecula today.
    And DevantArt, too...

    ReplyDelete