Friday, March 19, 2010

Idle Musings

Just sitting here, editing images from a shoot. Started thinking about how everybody I know is up in arms about the Sandra Bullock/Jesse James thing. Funny how people get so attached to celebrity and gets involved, or feels involved, in people's lives with whom they never had any contact. I feel for Ms. Bullock, of course, and I can certainly feel Mr. James is an idiot, first for cheating on someone who seems as genuinely nice and is as gorgeous as Ms. Bullock, and second for his choice of person with whom to cheat. But I don't feel it should dominate the news waves. I felt the same way about Tiger Wood's travails. The first report, and possibly a clarification, were all, in my opinion, that the world needed. We certainly don't need daily updates on his whereabouts, what other girls have come out of the woodwork, or his wife's mental state. And we definitely don't need months and months of coverage, including talking heads analyzing her body language as he walks with her, or whether it's too soon for him to return to competitive golf. That latter could be a subject for ESPN, but not CBS News...
I'm just saying...

1 comment:

  1. agreed! i'm sooo sick of this kind of media and tge continuous dumbing down of society we experience as a result of a number of things, but primarily in relation to main stream media. i don't even own a tv as you know, and don't read the rags or listen to the radio, and i still get enough of this to make me sick. ugh.

    btw....dont forget ur labels/tag words.....

    ReplyDelete